Thursday, December 16, 2010

Merri-effin-Christmas...or Things you say when you're high

After having a little procedure done at the hospital, I've been at home feeling quite wonderful this evening.  I've been wanting to write a bit, but was a bit cautious due to the pain medication...finally, I decided that's exactly why I ought to write, because I'm nice and legally high.

I have a great friend that is one of the most disciplined people I've ever met in my life.  He's a great father, and has an excellent job, doing something important.  He has a great wife and great kids... we've enjoyed getting to know them over the past 10-20 years.  I'd like to tell him that he's a selfish son-of-a-bitch and that nobody has the right to a private life above all else in life...and I really don't care what the fuck you think about it personally...we all have responsibilities and talking to your wife about important shit is one of those responsibilities.  You signed up for it when you bought her a ring...you didn't have to do that...but you did...you wrote the check, now cash it you bastard.  I love you, like a brother, so act like a man.

I have another friend that hurt one of my other friends pretty badly.  He didn't put him in the hospital or anything, but just became one of those guys that completely ignores his role in a hurtful situation.  I love this guy, he's like a brother to me...good dad, good husband and all that...  I'd like to tell him that there isn't anyone innocent, not one...just like the Bible says...so just look at yourself inside this situation...and the one before it....and the one before that one....and realize the common denominator in each of these cluster fucks was YOU.  I love you, I forgive you, but you gotta own up to the fact that you've been a fuck-tard man...and you hurt other people...stop being a douche and learn how to confess, apologize and ask for forgiveness.

I also know one of the coolest guys I've ever met, and I really enjoy hanging out with him, working with him, goofing off with him and everything else that goes with life...  I'd like to tell him that there can only be so many huge-ass houses and silver lexus automobiles in this town.  Success ain't where you live and what you drive...the SIGNATURE OF OUR GENERATION has become that we've defined our own success...so quit chasing success as defined by 1985...listen to your wife, she doesn't want a McMansion in the Hills or a McLexus...she wants to carve out a family in this life as only you guys can.  You have a unique signature in life with your kids, so just carve it wherever you like...quit being driven by invisible winds swinging around from 25 years ago telling you where to live and what to drive damnit.  YOU, are what makes you cool...don't forget it.

As for me...you probably know by now that I'm a symmetry and balance kind of guy...  I do the best I can to stand in front of a mirror, naked and ask myself questions...like "what are you being a total asshole about to your wife that you can't quite recognize yet?"  or "Will you ever be able to live your life without tobacco, you pussy, can you stand up, look yourself in the eye and tell yourself 'no' once in a while?"  

So, over Christmas this year, as I take some time off...I'll be giving my wife and kids a present that hopefully will keep on giving...I plan on taking stock of my life and inventory to see what needs to happen for me to be a better man, father, and husband.

God gave me the gift of being a masochist, so the least I can do is help my family benefit while I enjoy the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment